Sunday, January 17, 2016

The Bugs in Life

The following list are of things that bug me, or the ever so likely, random things that might bug someone.
  1. Bikini tops that are too flimsy to support active big breasted women. I believe the reason this bug exists is because when people think of bikini's they consider style and relaxation over more active wear.
  2. That Gainesville has limited parking on and around campus. I believe the reason this bug exists is because the campus is limited on open space and parking is a high priority.
  3. To-go containers take up a huge place in the refrigerator when there's something half it's size actually in the container. The size of the container is usually larger because no one could ever guess the size of the left overs. It has to compensate for the unexpected.
  4. To my knowledge, there's no comfortable ice pack that your can wear to bed, or relaxing on the couch. This bug exists, to my knowledge, because products similar to an ice pack like Icy Hot have leaned to a different route in innovating their product, i.e roll on Icy Hot, Icy Hot patches. Though they're expensive and not exactly what I want.
  5. That the college doesn't have a cooking on a budget class, cause that would be awesome. A whole semester where the teacher helps you pick out, prepare, and cook meals for the average college student. This bug exists because I don't think the college thinks there needs to be an entire class on student cooking.
  6. It bugs me that airplane tickets are so expensive. It's cheap to make your way around a country, but once you add a 1200 dollar plane ticket your budget doubles. This bug exists because I'm assuming that there's no cheap way to cross an ocean.
  7. While taking a bath I always have to support myself to stay sitting up or even reclined back some. I always slip. This bug exists because tubs are made of slick materiel like linoleum. 
  8. It's not a bug, but I wish that I could order my Starbucks or Chik Fil A order on campus on my phone and then go pick it up, like you order a pizza and they tell you how long it's going to take. The wish doesn't exist because, I'm not actually sure. Mabe it would be really difficult to manage or organize.
  9. It bugs me that my biggest class is always overly hot. The buildings heat is on, but I don't think they consider that with over a hundred mini heaters known as students are about to occupy the room. They also must not consider that in the winter most students are wearing warm clothes already, that in such a tight pace they have to slowly unlayer because the heat is on.
  10. It bugs me that the history channel now has these pawn shows instead of documentaries and actually history things. I think the bug exists because everyone wants some sort of reality show now, and the History channel is trying to conform with that.
  11. It bugs me that my hair gets so oily so quickly. The bug exists probably cause of genetics, not really positive why.
  12. It bugs me that I can't think of things that bug me when I have to, but the moment I continue with my day I'll think of at least a  hundred. I probably don't see them as bugs, just things to accept in life.
  13. It bugs me that I'm not sure what direction I have to go in after I graduate in order to do what I want. 
  14. It bugs me that the reason some people don't work out is because they're embarrassed to look bad by working out, but in reality most people are impressed when anyone is trying their best. 
  15.  There's not a decorative product that I can hang on my wall to help with noise cancellation/ Probably because noise cancellation is more complex than a 14 by 21 wall decor.
  16. Finding scholarly essays on subjects we're required to write papers on are extremely difficult to fine. Technology escapes me to the point where I'm not sure why this bug exists. Though I know you can use "Google Scholar" it's still difficult.
  17. The campus doesn't have a hammock park/garden. You can put up a hammock anywhere on campus if you find trees the right length apart, but I think UF should develop a place made for hammocks in the nature. Kind of like a retreat, seclusion place. Like the butterfly gardens, exceot the hammock garden.
  18. Drive in movies aren't a big thing anymore. The bug exists because for some reason drive-in movies went out of date. I'm not sure why though, they're really fun.
  19. Grocery shopping is such a hassle, and I end up spending more even if I go in with a list. The bug exists because cooking for myself it takes a lot more attention to actually make grocery shopping efficient. 
  20. It bugs me that as technology progresses, and life gets made easier with innovation people forget about the world around them. The nature that lies behind the concrete wall, and the struggle behind getting what you want even if it's something little. That the world today takes so many things for granted because they've been taught that everything should come at lightning speeds at the touch of a button. 
  21. Overachievers because when I want to be lazy I don't need anyone selling the point by going above and beyond. This bug exists probably because of my dreams, while I sleep, instead of working, or being responsible. 
This assignment was difficult because I really don't spend all my time looking for the bugs in the world. I'll have a moment where I'll think "I wish..." or "I hate that..." but most of those don't stick around. I feel like a lot of the times I've been trained to live with what I have instead of questioning why it's all I get. Never actually pushing those tiny annoyances to the level of "how do I fix this". I've learned to make do with what I'm given, only pushing the boundaries on things I'm passionate about, which don't account for 20 different things. Honestly most of the things I'm passionate about aren't on this list. Things that I would want to change.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Anna!
    I loved your bug list! I was laughing very hard at some of your points! I definitely agree with the Chick-Fil-A or Starbucks idea, that would be wonderful. I think they could just have a separate counter devoted to online orders so that they can keep the regular line running smoothly but also have an organized part for the separate customers. I also agree with the fact that it was very difficult to come up with the bugs. I haven't spent much time actively thinking about how to fix problems that occur in the world. I spend most of that time complaining about their problems rather than offering solutions or thinking of creative ways to fix it. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anna, I couldn’t help myself but laugh when reading your bug list. I have similar bugs especially the one about the limited parking on campus. How much does it suck! They definitely need more spaces if they are going to keep expanding the campus. I also hate how the history channel is basically all pawn shows. I remember when I was a kid and I would enjoy watching the history channel because of all the cool and interesting things they would show on there. Go check out my list, you will see similar things! http://ufrob.blogspot.com/2016/01/rob-bug-list.html

    ReplyDelete